Rava Kesari recipe | Neivedhyam sweet is an easy to prepare sweet which can be prepared as prasadham for gods or as special dish during festivals or immediately when you get surprise guests at home.
To know more about rava click – Rava – Wikipedia
Rava Kesari recipe video link
A short video link for the recipe:-
Rava Kesari recipe – Ingredients:-
- rava / sooji – 1/2 cup
- water – 1 cup
- sugar / cheeni – 3/4 cup
- cashew nuts and dry grapes – 10 number each
- cardomom powder – pinch
- saffron in one tsp of water
- ghee – 2 tsps
Rava Kesari recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly heat ghee in a fry pan. Add cashewnuts at first and fry till it turns golden lightly.
2. Secondly add dry grapes and fry. Remove when it turns golden on all sides and before it turns brown.
3. Remove it in a tray and keep it aside.
4. In the same pan further fry rava in the remaining ghee.
5. Remove it and keep it aside.
6. Now pour one cup of water in the same pan and allow it to boil.
7. When water boils add fried rava and stir continuously without forming lumps.
8. Now it becomes thick. Stir without gap.
9. Add sugar and stir again.
10. At first sugar melts. Then it becomes thick.
11. When it thickens add saffron mixed in one tsp of water and cardomom powder. Mix well.
12. Finally switch off the stove and add fried cashewnuts and dry grapes. Transfer to the serving bowl.
13. You can also serve this dish as prasadham to God.
You may also like