Rava idli recipe | easy breakfast recipe is a popular and tasty South Indian breakfast dish which is very simple to prepare. It has no grinding like the traditional South Indian idli. We add green chilly, ginger, cashews, coriander leaves, carrot, curd, salt and cooking soda with rava. Ferment it just for 15 minutes. We have already prepared few idlis like soft rice Idli, Vegetable idli, Oats idli , Red rice idli and Mudakathan keerai idli.
See Idli – Wikipedia.
- rava / idli rava – 2 cup
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- Cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – 8 number (chopped)
- ginger / inji – 1 inch (chopped)
- green chilly – 1 (chopped)
- carrot – 1 medium size (grated)
- coriander leaves – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- cooking soda – pinch
- curd – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
1. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal. When urad dal turns golden add asafoetida.
2. When it splutters add chopped cashew nuts and fry till it turns golden.
3. Next add chopped ginger and green chilly.
4. Add rava and fry for few minutes in low flame till it is hot to touch. Do not burn.
5. Cool down to room temperature. Add chopped carrot, coriander leaves, cooking soda and salt added.
6. Add curd and mix well adding water little by little to make a batter.
7. Allow it to fermant for 30 minutes. Now make idlis as usual in an idli pan. Ref:- How to prepare soft Idli.
8. When idlis were cooked well, transfer to a plate.
9. Serve hot along with any chutney.