Ragi sweet vermicelli recipe | keppai inippu semia is prepared using ragi vermicelli, jaggery or sugar, grated coconut and ghee (optional) This can be prepared as neivedhyam for god, as evening snacks for children from school or as breakfast. This can also be prepared and served as one of the sweet dish during a feast. To know about ragi and its health benefits click on the link – ragi – Wikipedia.
We have already prepared Homemade Health mix and Keppai kool with ragi. Now let us see how to prepare a sweet dish with ragi vermicelli / keppai semia. It is very simple and I have explained in easy steps with photos.
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- ragi vermicelli / keppai semia – 1 cup
- Jaggery / vellam – 1/4 cup (this can be substituted by sugar)
- grated coconut / thuruviya thengai – 1/4 cup
- ghee / nei – 1 tsp
1. Soak ragi vermicelli in water for one minute.
2. Spread it in an Idiyappam pan using a muslin cloth above the plate with holes.
3. Close and cook it under steam for 5 minutes in medium flame.
4. When it is well cooked (you can feel it will be soft when touched) sprinkle little water and transfer to a bowl as you transfer Idiyappam.
5. Add 1/4 cup of powdered jaggery to the bowl.
6. Add 1/4 cup of grated coconut to it.
7. Add one tsp of ghee, mix well without breaking the vermicelli, add some fresh grated coconut on top and serve. This can be served a prasadham for gods during festival and Pooja.