We can prepare this Ragi sweet vermicelli recipe using ragi vermicelli, jaggery or sugar, grated coconut and ghee (optional) You can prepare this as neivedhyam for god, as evening snacks for children from school or as breakfast. You can also serve as one of the sweet dish during a feast. To know about ragi and its health benefits click on the link – ragi – Wikipedia.
We have already prepared Homemade Health mix and Keppai kool with ragi. Now let us see how to prepare a sweet dish with ragi vermicelli / keppai semia. It is very simple and I have explained in easy steps with photos.
Ragi sweet vermicelli recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- ragi vermicelli / keppai semia – 1 cup
- Jaggery / vellam – 1/4 cup (this can be substituted by sugar)
- grated coconut / thuruviya thengai – 1/4 cup
- ghee / nei – 1 tsp
Ragi sweet vermicelli recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly soak ragi vermicelli in water for one minute.
2. Secondly spread it in an Idiyappam pan using a muslin cloth above the plate with holes.
3. Thirdly close and cook it under steam for 5 minutes in medium flame.
4. When it is well cooked, it will be soft when touched. Sprinkle little water and transfer to a bowl as you transfer Idiyappam.
5. Further add 1/4 cup of powdered jaggery to the bowl.
6. Also add 1/4 cup of grated coconut to it.
7. Finally add one tea spoon of ghee and mix well without breaking the vermicelli. Add some fresh grated coconut on top and serve. You can also serve this as prasadham for gods during festival and Pooja.