Ragi poori recipe or finger millet poori is prepared with ragi flour, wheat flour, little rava, ghee, salt and water. This ragi poori can be served as breakfast, snacks or as dinner. You can serve this with any side dish, pickle or jam. You can prepare this poori while traveling or for lunch box, as it lasts for a long time. We have already prepared few recipes with ragi, which are as follows:-
Ragi poori recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- ragi flour / finger millet flour / keppai maavu – 1 cup
- wheat flour / godhumai maavu – 1 cup
- rava / sooji – 1 tsp
- ghee / nei – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – for deep frying
Ragi poori recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all mix ragi flour, wheat flour, rava, ghee and salt in a bowl.
2. Then add water little by little and mix to form a dough. The consistency should be smooth to make pooris.
3. Secondly take a ball size of dough, dust it with wheat flour and flatten it.
4. Thirdly roll it to form a poori using a pin. Do not make very thin pooris and very thin pooris will not puff up. Let it be little thick.
5. You can also cut into a perfect circle using any sharp edged cup so that all pooris will be of same size.
6. Make such circular pooris with all the dough and after that heat oil in a fry pan for deep frying. Put one poori and fry. When one side is fried, turn the other side, so that the poori will puff up. Likewise fry the pooris one by one in hot oil.
7. Finally serve the hot pooris with any desired side dish.