Ragi noodles Upma recipe | keppai semia upma is a very easy recipe that can be prepared as evening snacks or as breakfast. You can add chopped vegetables to increase.taste and health benefits of the dish and it will be more attractive. This is prepared with ragi noodles, vegetables, onion, chilly, salt and lemon juice.
Ingredients:- (200ml cup used)
- ragi noodles / keppai semia – 1 cup
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chilly / pachai milagai – 1 (slit)
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- chopped vegetables – 1 cup (carrot, green peas, beans, cabbage of your choice)
- lemon juice – 1/2 fruit
- salt – to taste
1. Heat one cup of water in a container.
2. Put the ragi noodles in boiling water for one minute.
3. When it is cooked, drain water and separate the cooked noodles.
4. Again the same water half cook the chopped vegetables.
5. When the vegetables were half cooked drain water along with the ragi noodles.
6. Heat a fry pan with one tsp of oil. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal. When it turns golden add chopped onion, green chilly and curry leaves.
7. When it turns pale pour it in the noodles mixture. Add salt and lemon juice.
8. Toss the mixture well till it mixes evenly.