Radish salad recipe | Mulangi salad is a healthy salad prepared with raw radish, cucumber and onion. We add salt, sugar, white vinegar, garlic and extra virgin olive oil for preparing this salad. Radish is called as “Mulangi” in tamil and as “mooli” in Hindi. Radishes are root vegetables grown and consumed throughout the world. Radishes are of many varieties. They differ in colour and shape according to the season when they are grown and the area where they grow. They are pink, red, white, yellow or grey-black and the roots are round or elongated. I have shared the photos of few varieties of radishes below.
We have already prepared many recipes with radish such as
Now let us see how to prepare salad using raw radish.
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- radish / mulangi / mooli – 1 cup (sliced)
- cucumber / vellarikkai – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- onion / vengayam – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil – 1/2 tsp (can be substituted with fresh coconut oil)
- white vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- sugar – 1/2 tsp
- garlic / poondu – 1 (chopped)
1. Scrap the skin and slice the vegetables radish, cucumber and onion into circular pieces.
2. Add half a tsp of salt to sliced radish and keep it for 5 minutes. Juice will separate. Remove the separated juice and add the sliced radish to sliced cucumber and onion in the bowl.
3. Now take all the other ingredients extra virgin olive oil, white vinegar, sugar and garlic in a cup and whisk it till sugar dissolves completely.
4. Pour it into the sliced vegetables and toss it till it mixes well. Refrigerate for one hour and serve chilled.