Radish Raitha recipe | Mooli Raitha | Mulangi Raitha is a healthy dish prepared with raw radish, pomegranate, Shimla mirchi, curd, ground coconut and salt. Radishes are grown and consumed throughout the world, being mostly eaten raw as a crunchy salad vegetable. They have numerous varieties, varying in size, flavor, color, and length of time they take to mature. Radishes owe their sharp flavor to the various chemical compounds produced by the plants, including glucosinolate, myrosinase, and isothiocyanate.
Health benefits of Radish explains you about its different ways how it helps to cure diseases.
- radish / mooli / mulangi – 1 cup (grated)
- pomegranate/ anar / madhulai – 3/4 cup
- Behl pepper / mirchi / milagai – 1/4 cup
- oil – 1 tsp
- curd / dhahi / thayir – 1 cup
- ground coconut – 1/4 cup
- salt – to taste
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
1. Remove skin and grate radish. Chop mirchi into small pieces. Remove seeds from pomegranate. Ground coconut and keep it ready.
2. Fry mirchi in a fry pan with 1/2 tsp of oil for 2-3 minutes, until it is half cooked.
3. Mix all the ingredients, grated radish, pomegranate seeds, fried mirchi, ground coconut, curd and salt in a bowl.
4. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add asafoetida.
5. Pour this tempering in the bowl containing the mixture of Raitha.
6. Mix and serve or refrigerate. Healthy radishes Raitha is ready now.
For more Raitha varieties in my website click on the following links.