Radish puzhi kuzhambu recipe | Mulangi puzhi kuzhambu is another tasty kuzhambu prepared with healthy radish to serve along with rice as side dish. Here we use onion, carrot, garlic, tamarind paste, sambar powder, turmeric powder, jaggery and salt as ingredients. Radish is a healthy vegetable almost available throughout the world especially during winter season.
Radish puzhi kuzhambu recipe – Ingredients:-
- radish / mulangi / mooli – 1/4 kg
- garlic / poondu – 1/4 cup
- onion – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- tomatoes – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- sambar powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- tamarind paste – 1 tsp
- jaggery / vellam – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
- ghee / nei – 1 tblsp
- black Pepper / milagu – 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds / sombu – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
1. Firstly scrap the skin of radish and chop into cubes. Also chop garlic, onion and tomatoes and keep it ready in a plate.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add garlic.
3. Fry garlic for one minute and thirdly add chopped onions.
4. After that when garlic and onions turns pale add chopped tomatoes and fry again.
5. Finally add chopped radish and sauté for few more minutes.
6. While it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, add one cup of water along with turmeric powder. Close and cook for five minutes in low flame or medium flame.
7. Mean while mix one tsp of sambar powder, one tsp of tamarind paste and required salt in a cup of water and keep it ready by your side. If you do not have tamarind paste, soak tamarind in water and extract juice.
8. After that add this sambar powder mix to cooked radish in the fry pan. Keep this kuzhambu in medium flame till raw smell leaves pan in other words when all ingredients mix together well to give a good flavour.
9. Finally add required amount crushed jaggery according to your taste and switch off the stove. After that heat one tblsp of ghee in a pan, add pepper, fennel seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
10. When it splutters switch off the stove and pour the seasoning above the prepared kuzhambu. Serve as side dish along with rice, idli or dosa.