Radish greens has numerous health benefits and can be regularly added in your diet. See health benefits of radish greens
- radish greens / mullangi keerai – 1 bunch
- potatoes / aloo / urulaikkizhangu – 2 number (cooked and chopped into cubes)
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- red chilly / vara milagai – 1 cut into pieces
- garlic / poondu – 2 tsp (chopped)
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- Curry masala powder – 1 tsp (you can also use coriander powder )
- salt / uppu – to taste
1. Chop, wash and keep the radish greens ready.
2. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan, add chopped radish greens and sauté. Now water separates. Close and cook for 8 minutes in low flame. Do not add water. Stir at intervals.
3. Cook potatoes, remove skin and chop into cubes. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when it splutters add cut red chilly and chopped garlic.
4. Now add, cooked and chopped potato pieces.
5. Now add all the spice powders.
6. Close the fry pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 2 minutes till the raw smell of the spices leaves the pan. Now add cooked radish greens to it.
7. Mix well, check for taste. Switch off the stove, transfer to serving bowl and serve along with rice, roti or parathas.