Radish chutney recipe | Mulangi Thuvaiyal is a tasty chutney which you can serve as side dish along with idli or dosa or as a spread in sandwiches. Radish is called as “mulangi” in tamil and “mooli” in Hindi which is the main ingredient in this chutney. Dry red chillies, salt and tamarind were added and ground.
Other chutney recipes:-
Radish chutney recipe – Ingredients:-
- radish / mulangi / mooli – 1 cup (1/4 kg)
- oil – 1 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 5 – 6 number
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- ginger and garlic – 1 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi paste – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
Radish chutney recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly remove skin and grate radish into fine pieces. Chop ginger and garlic and keep it ready.
2. Mean while heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add dry red chillies
3. After that add channa dal.
4. Next to that add urad dal.
5. Then add cumin seeds.
6. Sauté the ingredients just for 1/2 a minute and transfer to a plate.
7. Secondly in the same fry pan add one tea spoon of oil and when it is heated add grated radish and fry.
8. When it reduces, raw smell leaves and colour starts to change, add chopped ginger and garlic.
9. Finally cool to room temperature and grind it into a fine paste along with other fried spices, salt and tamarind.
10. Serve as side dish along with idli, dosa or rice.