Radish chutney recipe | Mulangi Thuvaiyal is a tasty chutney that can be served as side dish along with idli or dosa or as a spread in sandwiches. Radish which is called as “mulangi” in tamil and “mooli” in Hindi is the main ingredient in this chutney. Dry red chillies, salt and tamarind were added and ground.
Other chutney recipes:-
Radish chutney recipe – Ingredients:-
- radish / mulangi / mooli – 1 cup (1/4 kg)
- oil – 1 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 5 – 6 number
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- ginger and garlic – 1 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi paste – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
Radish chutney recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Remove skin and grate radish into fine pieces. Chop ginger and garlic and keep it ready.
2. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan. Add dry red chillies
3. Next add channa dal.
4. Next add urad dal.
5. Then add cumin seeds.
6. Sauté just for 1/2 a minute and transfer to a plate.
7. In the same pan add one tsp of oil and when it is heated add grated radish and fry.
8. When it reduces, raw smell leaves and colour starts to change, add chopped ginger and garlic.
9. Cool to room temperature and grind it into a fine paste along with other fried spices, salt and tamarind.
10. Serve as side dish along with idli, dosa or rice.