Quinoa pulao recipe is a tasty variety rice which you can prepare for lunch with quinoa, rice, onion, garlic, ginger, spices, vegetables and salt.
Even more related recipes in my website are as follows:-
A short video link for the recipe:-
Quinoa pulao recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- rice / arisi – 3/4 cup
- quinoa – 3/4 cup
- water – 4 cup
- salt – to taste
Ingredients for Seasoning – Quinoa pulao recipe:-
- cinnamon stick / pattai – 1/2 inch
- bay leaf – 1
- star anise – 1
- black cardomom – 1
- green cardomom / elakkai – 2 number
- cloves / kirambu – 3 number
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 2 number (slit)
- onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- ginger / inji – 2 tsp (chopped)
- garlic / poondu – 2 tsp (chopped)
- carrot – 1 cup (chopped)
- green peas / pachai pattani – 1 cup
Quinoa pulao recipe – Ingredients for garnishing:-
- roasted cashew nuts – 10 number
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
- coriander – 1/4 cup (chopped)
Quinoa pulao recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly soak quinoa and rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain water through a filter.
2. Mean while chop the vegetables and in addition keep all the spices ready for seasoning.
3. After that heat one to two teaspoons of oil in a fry pan. When it is hot add cinnamon, bay leaf, black and green cardomom, star anise, cloves and cumin seeds. Then add green chillies.
4. Then add chopped onion and sauté.
5. When onion turns pale add chopped ginger and garlic.
6. Likewise add chopped carrots and fry.
7. Similarly add green peas and sauté.
8. Finally add soaked and filtered quinoa and rice. Sauté for few minutes.
9. Transfer to an electric cooker. Add 4 cups of water.
10. Add required salt.
11. Cook it in an electric cooker.
12. Further more add lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with roasted cashew nuts an₹ chopped coriander leaves.
Like, share and subscribe for more such recipes.