Preparing Punjabi Aloo Samosa recipe | Mumbai chat | Potato at home is very easy. Follow the given instructions below and prepare tasty samosa’s at home. Fillings can be made as we wish with any type of masalas, with mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, potato, beans etc) or non-veg masalas, or potato. Here I have prepared the filling with potatoes.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
To Serve: 4 (around 12 number)
Ingredients for Samosa filling:-
- potatoes – 4-5 (cooked)
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- ginger – 1 inch (chopped)
- garlic – 1 tblsp (chopped)
- red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- coriander – 1/2 cup
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
Ingredients for outer cover:-
- maida – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
- oil – 1 tsp
- carom/Omam seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Take maida in a bowl, add salt and oil and mix well. Add Omam and add water little by little and make a smooth dough. Cover with a muslin cloth and keep it for 20 mts.
2. Cook potatoes in a pressure cooker for a whistle and remove the skin.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it splutters add ginger, garlic, green chillies.
4. Add onion and sauté.
5. When onion becomes pale, add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and garam masala ans sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Now mash the potatoes and add to the pan. Mix well.
7. Switch off stove, add lemon juice, mix well and transfer to a bowl.
8. If you need a small size of samosa take little amount of dough, and if you need a bigger one take a large sized ball of dough, and roll into a thin round or oval shape. Cut it into two using a knife.
9. Turn one edge to the center.
10. Now turn the other edge and put above it to form a cone.
11. Fill it with potato masala as shown.
12. Press the end and make marks with a spoon. Make as many as possible with the dough.
13. Deep fry in oil, both sides to golden brown. Serve with desired chutny.