Pudina Thuvayal Recipe | Mint | புதினா துவையல் is prepared with pudina, coconut, green chillies, tamarind and salt.
Pudina or Mint adds a special zing to almost all foods, it is added to. In addition it has a number of health benefits. It helps to beat acidity, promotes digestion, fights aches and pains, relieve cough and asthma, boosts immunity, beats stress and depression, and fights cancer too. This pudina can be consumed in many ways and here we see the way of preparing a thuvaiyal which is the thick form of a chutney.
Further more chutney varieties are as follows
Preparation Time:- 5 minutes
To Serve:- 2 persons
Pudina Thuvayal Recipe – Ingredients:- (200 mlcup used)
- Pudina – 1 cup
- Coconut -1 cup (grated)
- Green chillies – 6-8 number
- Mustard seeds / kadugu – 1 tsp
- Urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- Asafotedia / perungayam – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Tamarind paste / puzhi – 1 tsp
- Salt / uppu – to taste (approximately 1 tsp)
Pudina Thuvayal Recipe – Method:-
1. First of all heat one tea spoon of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add urad dal, and when it turns golden, add asafoetida, green chillies and pudina. Sauté for 2 minutes and switch off the stove.
2. Secondly cool it to room temperature and grind along with grated coconut, tamarind paste and salt.
3. Finally after grinding finely, transfer to a cup, and serve as side dish along with idli, dosa or rice.