Pudina thokku recipe | mint thokku is a healthy side dish prepared and served along with idli, dosa or rice. Pudina, black pepper, cumin, tamarind and salt were the main ingredients.
Even more recipes with pudina are as follows:-
Pudina thokku recipe – Ingredients:-
- gingely oil / nal ennai – 3 tsp
- pudina / mint – 1 bunch
- red chilly / vara milagai – 1
- black pepper / milagu – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1.5 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi paste – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
Pudina thokku recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly separate pudina leaves from its stems, wash them and keep it ready. Similarly take all the other required ingredients such as red chilly, pepper, cumin seeds, Channa dal and asafoetida in a plate and keep it ready.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add red chilly. Similarly add black pepper, cumin seeds, Channa dal and asafoetida one by one. Most importantly fry them so that they turn golden brown. After that add clean pudina leaves and sauté until the leaves shrink.
3. Further cool down the fried ingredients to room temperature. After that add required salt and tamarind paste and grind into a fine paste adding less amount of water or without adding water.
4. Finally heat two tea spoons of gingely oil in a fry pan.
5. Further add the ground paste and sauté until oil oozes out and thokku separates.
6. As a result you will get a thick thokku of pudina and now you can transfer to a serving bowl. Moreover you can serve this thokku with almost all main course such as idli, dosa or rice.