Pudina Rice recipe | mint | புதினா சாதம் is a variety rice prepared for lunch box or for travel.
Pudina or Mint adds the special zing to almost all foods it is added to and the aroma spreads to the whole house when ever cooked. Pudina has numerous health benefits too. It helps to beat acidity and promotes digestion, fights aches and pains, relieves cough and asthma, boosts immunity, beats stress and depression. Today let us prepare a variety rice using pudina. As other variety rice, this is also a lunch box recipe which is easy to carry.
Let us see how to prepare “Pudina rice” following the easy steps given below.
- Raw rice/ pacharisi – 1 cup
- Pudina/ Mint – 1.5 cup
- Onion – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 2
- Ginger/ inji – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cinnomon/ pattai – 1 inch
- Cloves/ kirambu – 2
- Cardomom/ elakkai – 1
1. Grind green chillies, pudina, half of the onion and ginger together into a smooth paste with little water.
2. Cook rice, drain water and keep it separately.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add cinnomon, cloves and cardomom. When it splutters add rest of the onions and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Now add the ground paste along with salt required and sauté for few minutes till the raw smell leaves.
5. Add cooked rice to it and mix well. Switch off the stove and add lemon juice and serve along with tomato raita or any other raita.
For other variety rice in my website click on the links below