Pudina kuzhambu recipe | Mint | புதினா குழம்பு is one of the tastiest side dish prepared with Pudina, onion, tomato, coconut milk, spices and salt. A tasty side dish for idli, dosa and rice.
Pudina kuzhambu recipe – Ingredients:-
- Pudina – one bunch
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste/ inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- Sambar powder – 2 tsp Chettinad Sambar powder | செட்டிநாடு சாம்பார் பொடி
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind paste/ puzhi – 1.5 tsp (or juice from lemon size tamarind)
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Jaggery/ vellam – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – as needed (1 tsp)
- Mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida/ perungayam – 1/4 tsp
Pudina kuzhambu recipe – Method of preparation:-
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, and when it splutters add asafoetida.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it changes colour.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes and Pudina leaves and saute for few minutes.
5. Now add the second extracted coconut milk at first and close for 5 minutes till the ingredients gets cooked well. Keep in low flame.
6. Now add sambar powder, turmeric powder, tamarind paste and salt. Close and cook for 2 more minutes.
Then add first extracted coconut milk and jaggery. Keep in low flame for few minutes till it becomes thick.
7. Serve as side dish for idli or rice.
For other recipes with Pudina in my website, click on the following links