- Veg oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- urad dal – 1 tsp
- channa dal – 1 tsp
- asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
red chillies – 3 to 4
- garlic – few
- curry leaves – few
- pudalangai/snake gourd – 1/4 kg
- grated coconut – 1 tblsp
- tamarind paste – 1 tsp
- sea salt – 1 tsp
1. Put chopped snake gourd in boiling water for one minute. Drain water. It’ll be half cooked.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters add urad dal and Chanda dal. When it turns golden yellow, add red chillies, followed by garlic and curry leaves. Sauté for a few minutes.
3. Now add half cooked snake gourd and sauté well till it shrinks. Next add grated coconut.
4. Cool to room temperature, add tamarind paste and salt. Grind well in a mixie.
5. Can be served as side dish for idli,dosa or rice.