Potato Raitha recipe | Urulaikizhangu thayir pachadi | Aloo Raitha is a side dish prepared with cooked potatoes, chopped ginger and green chillies, curd and salt with tempering. Raitha is a variety of food made with fruits or vegetables in combination with curd / yogurt and salt and spices. Here we prepare a Raitha with all health benefits of potato.
- potatoes / urulaikizhangu – 2 (cooked)
- ginger / inji – 1/2 inch
- green chillies – 2 number
- salt / uppu – to taste
- curd / thayir – 1 cup
- finely chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
- oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
1. Cook potatoes in a cooker or in a container, cool down, remove skin and mash with a masher.
2. Chop ginger and green chillies finely.
3. Take curd in a cup and salt and keep it ready.
4. Mix mashed potatoes, chopped ginger and green chillies, curd and salt together in a bowl.
5. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan, add cumin seeds and asafoetida and when it splutters, pour it into the raitha.
6. Pour the tempering in raitha.
7. Mix well garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve. Yummy Raitha ready.
For more Raitha varieties in my website click on the links below