Potato poha recipe is a tasty evening snacks which we prepare with soaked aval, potato, ground nuts, onion, green chillies, curry leaves,coriander and salt.
Even more recipes with poha are as followes:-
A short video for the recipe:-
Potato poha recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- poha / Aval / flattened rice – 1 cup
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- sugar / cheeni – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- ground nuts / nila kadalai – 1/2 cup
- onion – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- potatoes – 2 (cooked and chopped)
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 2 (chopped)
- finely chopped fresh coriander for garnishing
Potato poha recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cook potatoes and chop into cubes. Keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Secondly heat a fry pan and roast ground nuts till black dots appear in it. Transfer to a plate.
3. Thirdly heat one tea spoon of oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
4. When it splutters add curry leaves.
5. Next add chopped green chillies and fry.
6. After that add chopped onions and fry.
7. When onions turn pale add roasted ground nuts and sauté.
8. Further add cooked and chopped potatoes to the fry pan.
9. Finally add poha mixed with salt, turmeric powder and sugar. Mix well and switch off the stove.
10. Garnish with finely chopped coriander. You can serve this snacks along with tea in the evening.
If you like this recipe share with your friends. Like and subscribe for more such recipes.