Potato finger chips recipe or French fries is a tasty dish that we can prepare and serve as starter or snacks in the evenings or as side dish with a meal. This is one of the tastiest recipe with potato and we double fry the potatoe pieces which were chopped like figers and garnish with salt and pepper powder. We have already prepared few recipes with potato such as Potato masala, Methi potato curry, Potato Paneer gravy, Aloo Samosa, Aloo-Shimla mirchi Sabji, Potato Puri masala, Aloo Mutter Gravy i and Potato Raitha.
Now let us see how to prepare potato finger chips in easy steps.
Potato finger chips recipe – Ingredients:-
- large potatoes / aloo / urulaikizhangu – 4 number
- oil – for deep frying
- pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Potato finger chips recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all scrap the skin of the potatoes.
2. Secondly chop them into finger like pieces using your knife or a potato finger chips cutter. I have used the finger chips cutter and I have shared a photo of it below.
3. Remove the corner pieces and use it for some other recipes.
4. Then put the chopped pieces in water.
5. Thirdly boil water in a container and put the chopped potato pieces in it for 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes potato pieces will be half cooked and now remove it from water and put them in a zip lock cover and freeze for one hour.
7. After that heat oil in a fry pan for deep frying and fry the refrigerated potato pieces.
8. Remove from oil and allow it to cool to room temperature. This can be done by spreading the fried pieces in a plate. It will take about 15 minutes.
9. Again heat oil and fry the potato fingers for the second time. When it turns golden and crispy remove from oil.
10. Finally when it is hot sprinkle salt and pepper powder and serve.
Like, share and subscribe for future posts.