Poondu Vendhayakeerai Kanji recipe | Garlic Methi Porridge is a special dish with rice which helps in reducing extra fat in our body and also helps in weight loss. We have already prepared some kanji such as keppai kool, koozh recipe, and Sathu maavu kanji
Garlic has a lot of health benefits and you may read about in in the link – nutritious value of garlic. Now let us see how to prepare this tasty healthy kanji in easy steps.
- garlic / poondu – 15 number
- boiled rice / pulungal arisi – 1/2 cup (roasted and broken coarsly)
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/4 tsp
- pepper corn / milagu – 1/4 tsp
- methi leaves / vendhaya keerai – 1 cup
- rock salt / pink salt – 1/2 tsp
- buttermilk / more – 1 cup
- water – 4 cups
1. Roast lightly and grind boiled rice coarsly in a mixie jar. Roast and grind coarsly cumin seeds and pepper corns too separately.
2. Whisk two tsps of curd and make buttermilk to get one cup. Remove methi leaves from stem, wash and keep it ready. Remove skin from garlic. Keep all the ingredients ready.
3. Put broken rice, methi leaves, garlic, rock salt, crushed cumin seeds, crushed pepper corn in a pressure cooker.
4. Add water, close it and keep it in stove for one whistle.
5. Once pressure is released open the cooker. All ingredients will be cooked well as you see in the photo below.
6. Mash well using a potato masher. Or you can also blend it once in a blender. Add buttermilk and serve.
Recipes with methi are as follows