Pomegranate | Anar | Maadhulai Lassi recipe is a tasty lassi prepared using the fruit pomegranate which is called as ‘maadhulai’ in tamil and ‘anar’ in hindi, along with curd, sugar, pinch of cinnamon and cardomom powders.
Lassi is a popular traditional Yogurt-based drink of India. Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and some fruits. Sometimes it is flavoured with roasted cumin. Sweet lassi contains sugar salted mint lassi is highly flavoured in Bangladesh. In Pakistan salted lassi is often served with almost all kind of meals, and mostly made at home. Both salty and sweet varieties are available in shops. You can add ice cubes for making the drink cool. Yummy 😋 drink for all pomegranate lovers.
Juicy red seeds of Pomegranate is used to prepare a Lassi here, and it gets a pink colour with curd. It tastes good and has numerous health benefits. Now let us go the preparation. It is very easy.
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
To Serve:- 3 persons
- Pomegranate seeds – 1 cup (approximately 2 fruits)
- Yogurt/ curd – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tblsp (honey can also be used)
- Ginger/ inji – small bit
- Cardamom/ elakkai powder – pinch
- Cinnamon powder/ pattai – pinch
1. Peel off the skin of pomegranate and remove the seeds. Transfer to a mixie jar along with ginger, sugar, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder.
2. Grind and sieve the juice so that the seed part of the fruit will stay in the filter.
3. Again transfer the juice along with curd to the juicer and whip again.
4. Pour in serving glasses and serve topping with cherries.
For other lassi recipes in my website click on the following links