Peas, Carrot, Potato Masala recipe is one of the wonderful side dish which you can serve for vegetarians. You can serve this masala as a side dish with rice and Chapathi. You can prepare this masala with any no of vegetables such as potato, cauliflower, carrot, peas, any type of beans, fresh soya beans, butter beans, cabbage, cow peas etc which ever is available in market or at home.
Importantly add potato which is a must as it forms the base and as a result it gives a good consistency. Rich source of vitamins are provided from these vegetables and you can serve as side dish along with rice, parathas, roti, bhature, naan and any other bread.
Even more related recipes in my website:-
A short video link for the recipe:-
Peas, Carrot, Potato Masala – Ingredients:-
- Potato / urulaikizhangu – 2 cups(chopped)
- Peas / Pattani – 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1/2 cup
- Garlic / poondu – 1 tsp
- Onion / vengayam – 1/4 cup
- Tomatoes / thakkali – 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds / sombu – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- Turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Coconut milk / thengai paal – 1/2 cup
Peas, Carrot, Potato Masala – Method of preparation:-
- Firstly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add fennel seeds, curry leaves, garlic, onion, tomatoes and sauté for few minutes.
- Secondly add chopped carrot, potato and peas and sauté for a minute and add 1 cup of water. Close the fry pan using a lid and cook in low flame.
- Thirdly when it is half cooked add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt. Check for water and close again with the lid.
- After that when the vegetables were well cooked and becomes soft add coconut milk (optional) and mix well.
- Again after some time when all water is absorbed and masala becomes thick switch off the stove.
- Finally you can garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice. This masala can also be stuffed in samosa’s for evening snacks.