Health benefits of paneer – you can find its nutritious value and health benefits.
Here I prepared this gravy using onions, you can also skip onions and prepare this gravy following the other steps. Always choose juicy red ripe tomatoes to get an attractive red colour. First sauté chopped onions well in oil so that you will get good taste and flavour. For the preparation of paneer you may follow How to make paneer at home | Home made paneer cube
To sauté and grind:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- onions – 3 medium size (chopped)
- tomatoes – 4 medium size (chopped)
- salt – to taste
- cashew nuts / mundhiri – 10 to 12 number
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- sugar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
For butter Masala:-
- butter – 2 tsp
- bay leaf / brinji illai – 1
- green cardomom / elakkai – 2
- Cinnamon stick / pattai – 1 inch
- cloves / kirambu – 3
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1.5 tsp
- paneer – 250 grams
- kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- cream – 2 tsp
- few green fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat a fry pan with one tsp of oil. Add chopped onions and sauté for few minutes till it becomes transparent.
2. Now add chopped tomatoes along with salt and sauté for few minutes. Close with a lid and cook till it becomes soft and mushy.
3. Now add cashewnuts.
4. Next add coriander powder, red chilly powder, gram Masala powder and sugar. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool to room temperature.
5. Grind all the above ingredients in fry pan to a smooth paste.
Making paneer butter Masala:-
6. Add butter to the pan. When it melts add bay leaf, green cardomom, cloves and cinnamon stick.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell disappears.
8. Now add the ground mixture of onion, tomato, cashews and spices.
9. Add 1/2 cup of water and keep it in medium flame for 3 minutes.
10. Now add paneer cubes and mix well.
11. Sprinkle Kasuri methi and switch off the stove.
12. Garnish with fresh cream, chopped fresh green coriander leaves and serve along with any paratha.