Paneer bhurji recipe | scrambled paneer dish is a popular North Indian dish made with Indian cottage cheese, onion, tomato and spice powders. It is eaten as snacks in the evening, or served as side dish with roti, chapati, puri, bread, pav or with a meal. Paneer bhurji can also be used as stuffing in bread sandwiches. This paneer bhurji can be prepared very easily and it will not take more than ten minutes. We can also add many vegetables such as carrot, peas, capsicum in this bhurji.
You can make paneer at home to prepare this bhurji so that it will be fresh and soft or you can also use store bought paneer. We have already prepared Shahi Paneer, Matar Paneer, Paneer Butter Masala, Aloo Paneèr Gravy, Hara Channa Paneer gravy, Coriander Paneer Masala, Palak Paneer and Cauliflower Paneer Masala.
Now let us see how to prepare paneer bhurji
- paneer / cottage cheese – 250 grams
- oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chilly – 1 (finely chopped if you need it spicy. Or else drop this)
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- tomato – 1 (chopped)
- carrot, peas, capsicum (any vegetable of your choice) – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- kasuri methi / dry methi – 1 tsp
1. Chop all the needed vegetables and keep it ready.
2. Crumble paneer and keep it ready in a plate.
3. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan and add cumin seeds.
4. When it splutters add chopped onion and sauté.
5. When onion turns pale add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilly.
6. Sauté for one minute and add chopped tomatoes.
7. When tomatoes become mushy add chopped vegetables. I have added capsicum.
8. Saute, close using a lid and cook for few minutes in low or medium flame till the vegetables becomes soft and cooked well. Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt.
9. Mix well and keep in low flame till raw smell leaves. Now add crumbled paneer and dry methi.
10. Mix well all the content in the dish and when it becomes dry you can remove from stove. This can be served as snacks. If you need it as a gravy, you can add half a cup of water and keep in low flame for one minute to serve as side dish with roti.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Share this recipe with your friends if you like it.