Palak Paneer gravy recipe is a healthy recipe which can be used as side dish for any type of parathas and rice. This is a perfect Punjabi side dish.
Preparation Time:- 40 minutes
To Serve:- 2
A short video link for the recipe:-
Palak Paneer gravy recipe – Ingredients:-
- Palak – 1 bunch
- Paneer – 100gms
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger-garlic paste/ inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Garlic/ poondu – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Butter – 1 tsp (for garnishing)
Palak Paneer gravy recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly boil water in a container, put washed and chopped palak in it and close for 3-5 minutes. The palak can be transfered to cold water at once, to retain the green colour.
2. Secondly remove palak and grind it in a mixie along with ginger-garlic paste and green chilly, and keep aside.
3. Thirdly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan, add cumin seeds and bay leaf.
4. When it splutters, add chopped onions and sauté.
5. Further add garlic and sauté till raw smell goes.
6. Then add chopped tomatoes and sauté again. Next add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
7. Now add ground paste of palak and mix well. Close lid, and allow it to cook for 7-8 minutes till raw smell of spices leaves and Palak get cooked well and becomes thick.
8. Cut paneer into small equal sized cubes as per requirement and put it in boiling water for one minute.
9. Transfer the paneer cubes to the palak in the fry pan and cook for two more minutes without breaking the paneer.
10. Finally add butter and serve along with phulkas or parathas.