Today I am posting another tasty sweet which is my favourite milk sweet for this Diwali. It is Paal Kova recipe | Milk Halwa | Diwali sweet which will be very easy to prepare and remember, but takes a long time to cook. If prepared with care, the outcome will make you very happy. I have prepared a small quantity with one litre of milk. I have given the steps with enough photos. Follow carefully and prepare this yummy sweet.
- milk/ Paal – 1 litre
- sugar/ cheeni – 180 grams (one cup)
1. Take a heavy bottom pan and pour the milk.
2. Boil milk in medium or high flame. After it boils well and rises up, keep the stove in low or medium flame.
3. Allow it to boil continuously. Keep stirring every 2 minutes till it condenses well. It will takes nearly half an hour to condense into quarter amount. Scrap the layer which sticks to the sides of the pan using a spoon and put into boiling milk often as shown in the photo below.
4. When it condenses to one fourth, you can add sugar.
5. Again sugar melts and now you should stir continuously or else milk will burn, turns brown and the whole sweet will be spoiled. After it thickens it looks grainy in texture and yellow in colour. Switch off the stove, cool down and transfer to an air tight container. You can refrigerate it and use for 5-6 days.
6. You can make toppings with chopped nuts or cherries which is optional. Adding cardomom powder in the final stage is also optional.
For more Diwali sweets in my website click on the links below