Orange Carrot Dates salad recipe | ஆரஞ்சு காரட் பேரீச்சம்பழம் சாலட் is one of the healthiest, tasty and mouth watering salad prepared with three healthy fruits. All the three fruits used were colourful, tasty and healthy. It will be a very attractive and delicious food. Other salads in my website are as follows.
- Orange – 1 cup (skin removed)
- Carrot – 3/4 cup (grated)
- Orange juice – 1/2 cup
- Dates – 1/2 cup (seeds removed and chopped)
- Hung curd/ thick thayir – 1/2 cup
- Pepper/ milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
- Salt/ uppu – 1/2 tsp
- Dry fruits and ghee (optional)
1. Remove outer and inner thin skin and seeds of oranges and collect it in a cup.
2. Remove seeds of dates and chop into small even pieces.
3. Extract juice from Orange and collect half a cup. (You can use a juicer)
4. Hang curd in a muslin cloth for 10 minutes to remove excess of water in it, and collect half a cup. It is called as hung curd which will be very thick.
5. Scrap the skin and grate carrots and collect 3/4 cup.
6. Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Roast dry fruits to golden yellow in one tsp of ghee and add to the salad. (This is optional) Refrigerate for 2 hrs and serve chilled. If you like this recipe like us, subscribe and share with your friends.