Onion salad recipe | Healthy salad preparation is very simple with fresh onions chopped in circles to be more attractive and mixed with lemon juice, red chilly power, chat masala and salt, garnished with fresh Pudina and coriander leaves in addition. A salad is a dish consisting of a mixture of small pieces of food, usually vegetables and salads may contain virtually any type of ready-to-eat food. Salads are typically served at room temperature or chilled.
Garden salads use a base of leafy greens, such as lettuce or spinach; they are common enough that the word salad alone often refers specifically to garden salads. Other types include bean salad, tuna salad, greek salad, and Japenese salad which is a noodle-based salad. More over salad dressings are based on either a mixture of oil and vinegar or a fermented milk product such as “curd”.
Salads may be served at any point during a meal:
- appetiser salads – light, smaller portion-salads served as the first course of the meal.
- Side salads – to accompany the main course in other words as a side dish.
- main course salads – usually containing a portion of a high-protein food, such as chicken, salmon, beef, legumes, or cheese.
- dessert salads – almost sweet versions containing fruits, gelatin, sweeteners or whipped cream.
Cuisine: North Indian
Preparation time: 5 minutes
To serve: 2
Onion salad recipe – Ingredients:-
- onion – 1
- lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- black salt – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder – 1/: tsp
- chat masala – 1/4 tsp
- fresh coriander and pudina – 2 tsp (finely chopped)
Onion salad recipe – Method:-
1. Firstly chop onion finely into circular pieces as shown in the photo below.
2. Secondly in a bowl mix red chilly powder, chat masala, black salt and lemon juice without breaking the onions.
3. Finally garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander and pudina while you serve.
For even more salad recipes in my website click on the links below.
Like, share and subscribe for future updates.