Oats Rava Uthappam recipe | ஓட்ஸ் ரவை ஊத்தப்பம் is prepared with oats, which has numerous health benefits. Dosa is a very popular South Indian cuisine, sold everywhere from big restaurants to road side food vendors. Dosas were prepared using so many different ingredients such as rava, wheat, besan, green gram, tomato, poha and many more.
Here we prepared dosa by mixing oats with rava, flax, curd, cumin and salt. It’s a very good combination to prepare dosa. Here we add chopped vegetables like carrot, cabbage and spring onions to enhance its taste. Green chillies or pepper powder is added. It tastes more or less like multigrain adai dosa. It’s easy to prepare if you follow the easy steps given below. Let’s see how to make tasty Uthappam now.
- Oats – 2 cup
- Rava/ sooji – 1 cup
- Flax – 1 tblsp
- Curd/ Yogurt – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Salt/ uppu – to taste
- Chopped green chillies or pepper powder – optional
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Carrot – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Spring onion/ vengayathaal – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies – 2 number (optional)
1. Grind oats into a fine powder in a mixie at first.
2. Mix oats, rava, flax, curd, cumin seeds and salt with required water and keep it for 30 minutes for fermentation.
3. After 30 minutes add all the chopped vegetables to it and mix well. You can add green chillies or pepper powder. Mix well to a thick batter, lightly thicker than your Dosa batter.
4. Heat dosa pan and pour one spoon of batter in pan. Spread to a thick circle, sprinkle little oil, close and cook for 2 minutes.
5. When one side is cooked, turn the other side and cook.
6. Serve along with your favourite Sambar or chutny.
other related posts are