Oats dosa preparation | ஓட்ஸ் தோசை செய்முறை explains you about the method of making crispy oats dosa in South Indian style. We all know Oats is a very healthy food, which is rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre. Oats lowers cholesterol levels and so used for weight loss, stabilizes blood sugar, enhances immunity from infection and protective against breast cancer.
But many of us may not know how to cook a variety of recipes using oats. We can make idli, dosa, upma, uthappam, Pongal, laddu, milkshakes, kheer, soups and many more South Indian recipes using Oats. We usually prepare rice dosa using dosa batter for which we should grind one day before and ferment. But oats dosas can be prepared instantly in other words as soon as we prepare the batter. Today enjoy preparing Oats dosa instantly and easily.
Other dosas are
To Serve – 2 persons
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 5 minutes
A short video link for the recipe:-
Oats dosa preparation – Ingredients:-
- Oats – 200gms
- Rice – 4 tblsps
- Rava – 4 tblsp
- Butter milk – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander – 2 tblsp (chopped)
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Oats dosa preparation – Method:-
1. First of all grind oats, raw rice and rava together in a mixie to get a fine powder.
2. Secondly in a bowl add the ground flour, butter milk, required salt, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander, pepper powder and cumin seeds. Add required water and mix well and as a result you will get a dosa batter.
4. Finally prepare dosa as usual in a dosa pan with one ladle of batter. Spread it with a circular motion in the pan and sprinkle little oil over it.
5. Close the pan an₹ wait for few minutes.
5. You can also grind more quantity of oats, rice and rava and store the powder for few months which will help in reducing the preparation time. So that you can make oats dosa instantly by just mixing buttermilk, green chilly and salt.