Nellikkai nellikkai sadham recipe is prepared with Gooseberries also called as Amla in Hindi and Nellikkai in tamil is one of the tastiest and healthy variety rice. It is a perfect lunch box recipe that can be packed for school kids. The preparation is more or less the same as that of lemon rice but here we add chopped Amla instead of lemon juice. gooseberries – wikipedia.
Even more related rice varieties in my website are as followes:-
Let us see about the preparation of Nellikkai Sadham now.
Nellikkai sadham recipe – Ingredients:-
- amla /gooseberry – 2 (chopped)
- rice / arisi – 1 cup (cooked)
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- red chilly / vara milagai – 1 slit
- green chilly / pachai milagai – 1 slit
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – – 1/4 tsp
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 tblsp (soaked in water for 10 minutes)
Nellikkai sadham recipe – Method:-
1. First of all cook rice till it becomes soft and then drain water.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and when it turns golden brown add slit red chilly and green chilly followed by curry leaves.
3. After that add soaked channa dal, cashew nuts, turmeric powder, chopped gooseberry and salt.
4. Mix well the ingredients and switch off the stove when cashews and channa dal becomes crispy. Finally add well cooked rice and mix well without breaking the rice. Check for salt and add if necessary.
Serve along with any pappad or chips.
Other recipes with Amla in my website are as follows
Click on the link below