Nava pazham juice recipe | jamun lemon drink is a tasty drink which we prepare with naaval pazham. We also call it as jamun fruit, java plum, black plum, jambul and Indian blackberry. This is a precious fruit which is rich in iron, minerals and vitamin C. It is good for diabetics and purifies blood. These seeds are used in Ayurvedic and unani medicines for digestive ailments.
Its botanical name is Syzygium cumini. This tree grows upto 30 meters and lives more than 100 years. It’s dense foliage provides shade and is grown just for its ornamental value. The wood is strong and water resistant. Fruits appear from May to June. These fruits will be green when appearing, pink when it matures and shining crimson black when fully ripe. This fruit is a mixture of sweet, slightly sub acid spicy flavour that stands out even after eaten since it turns the tongue into purple colour. The leaves and barks are also used for controlling blood pressure. We can also make wine and vinegar from the fruit.
We have already prepared many fruit juices like
Nava pazham juice recipe – Ingredients:-
- nava pazham / jamun fruit – 100 gm
- salt – pinch
- honey / thean – 1 tblsp (can be substituted by sugar)
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
Nava pazham juice recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly chop the fruit and remove the flesh part from the seeds. Collect it in a plate.
2. Secondly grind it in a mixie adding salt.
3. Thirdly add necessary water and filter the ground nava pazham.
4. Further add honey and mix well.
5. Finally add lemon juice and ice cubes. Mix well and serve chilled.