Naarthangai Sadham recipe is a tasty variety rice prepared with citron fruits. You can prepare this rice for lunch box for school going children and also for traveling.
Even more variety rice in my website are as follows
video link for Naarthangai Sadham in tamil
Naarthangai Sadham recipe – Ingredients:-
- rice / arisi – 1 cup
- naarthangai / citron fruit – 2 number
- salt – to taste
Naarthangai Sadham recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- gingely oil / nal ennai – 2 tea spoon
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tea spoon
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 tea spoon
- asafoetida / perungayam – 1/4 tea spoon
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 4 number
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- ground nuts / nila kadalai – 1 table spoon
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – few
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 table spoon
Naarthangai Sadham recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all wash and soak rice in water for ten minutes. Soak also channa dal in water separately.
2. Secondly cook rice using any method. I have cooked in an electric cooker. Add one tea spoon of gingely oil, mix and allow it to cool to room temperature.
3. Thirdly dry roast ground nuts and cashew nuts till you get sports on it. In the same pan heat one tea spoon of gingely oil and add mustard seeds. Likewise when it splutters add urad dal and when it turns golden add asafoetida. After that add chopped red chillies, curry leaves, soaked channa dal, turmeric powder and roasted ground nuts and cashew nuts subsequently.
4. Mean while rice would have cooled to room temperature. Therefore you can pour the seasoning along with required salt and naarthangai juice to the cooked rice.
5. Finally mix well importantly without breaking the rice and check for taste. In addition if you need salt or juice you can add even more. Further you can garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.