Naarthangai juice preparation is very simple that we squeeze out the juice from the fruit without disturbing the skin so that it will be very tasty. We add sugar which can also be substituted by powdered jaggery and a pinch of salt. Naarthangai is called as Citron which we get in the month of december. This is a very healthy and tasty juice which we can prepare at home. This will be very simple to prepare and even beginnners and bachelors can try. We used this juice already to prepare garlic pickle. You can replace this juice of Naarthangai in food preparation with lemon in other words we can use this fruit instead of lemon in all foods.
Even more related links in my website are below:-
video link for the recipe:-
Naarthangai juice preparation – Ingredients:-
- naarthangai / citrus fruit – 2 number
- sugar / seeni – 4 tblsp (you can substitute this with powdered jaggery)
- salt / uppu – pinch
- water – 2 cups (400 ml)
- ice cubes – as needed
Naarthangai juice preparation – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cut the fruits into two pieces as I hav3 shown in the photo below.
2. Secondly extract juice from the fruits using a juicer without disturbing the skin of the fruit. The skin will be bitter in taste. In this juicer the seeds will remain on top and the juice alone will be collected in the container below.
3. Thirdly open it and take the juice collected in the container below.
4. Pour the juice in a container and add required water, sugar and salt and mix well using a spoon.
5. Finally add ice cubes to the cups and pour the juice. Serve chilled.
If you like this recipe please like and share with your friends. Subscribe to get more such recipes.