Muttai kuzhipaniyara puzhi kuzhambu recipe is a side dish prepared with eggs. Eggs were beaten, and made into kuzhi Paniyaram and then put in the puzhi kuzhambu. This can be served as side dish along with rice , Idli , dosa or chapathi . The main ingredients used were onion, garlic, tomato, sambar powder, tamarind and salt.
To prepare kuzhi paniyaram:-
- eggs / muttai – 2 number
- green chilly – 1
- onion – 1/2 cup
- fresh coriander leaves – 1/4 cup (chopped)
To prepare puzhi kuzhambu:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- onion – 1/2 cup
- garlic / poondu – 1/2 cup
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- tomato – 1/2 cup
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds powder / sombu podi – 1/4 tsp
- cumin powder / seeraga podi – 1/4 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi – 1 tsp
Preparing kuzhi paniyaram:-
1. Break eggs in a bowl. Beat both egg yellow and white together using an egg beater. Fry chopped onion, green chilly and coriander leaves, add salt, mix well and put it in the bowl with beaten eggs. Again mix evenly and make paniyarams using a paniyaram pan and keep it ready.
1. Heat one tsp of oilin a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and when it turns golden add asafoetida. Next add chopped onion, garlic and curry leaves. Sauté till it turns pale.
2. Next add chopped tomatoes along with turmeric powder and salt.
3. When tomatoes becomes mushy add a cup of water and red chilly powder, coriander powder, fennel seeds powder and cumin powder.
4. Mix well and add required tamarind paste.
5. Let it be in low flame for 5 minutes till all ingredients merges well and kuzhambu becomes thick. Finally add the paniyarams to the kuzhambu and switch off the stove. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as side dish for rice, idli or dosa.