Mushroom tikka masala gravy recipe is a tasty side dish prepared for chapathi or roti with hung curd and fresh cream along with spices and mushroom tikka. Though the process of preparing tikka masala is long it tastes so good. We marinate mushrooms with spices and salt and fry in oil. Gravy is prepared with hung curd. We have already prepared a few recipes with mushrooms such as Mushroom cashewnut gravy, Mushroom coconut milk yellow curry, Cream of mushroom soup, Delicious kadai Mushroom, Mushroom Biriyani, Mushroom Pulav and Shahi Mushroom.
Now let us see how to prepare this tikka masala with mushrooms.
Mushroom tikka masala gravy – Ingredients:-
Mushroom tikka masala gravy – Ingredients for mushroom tikka:-
- mushrooms / kaalan – 300 gram
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- hung curd – 4 tsp
- lemon – 1/2 fruit
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
Mushroom tikka masala gravy – Method of preparationOf tikka:-
- We need hung curd for marinating mushrooms. So we will first prepare hung curd. To get 4 table spoons of hung curd we need to hang one cup of curd. Tie the curd in a muslin cloth and hang it. Water content in the curd will come out of the muslin cloth drop by drop and the thick curd will be left in the cloth as below.
2. Secondly add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilly powder, chat masala powder, ginger garlic paste, ajwain / Omam, lemon juice and half a table spoon of gram flour in a bowl and mix well.
3. Further coat the mushrooms with the mix for marination and allow them to marinate for 30 minutes.
Mushroom tikka masala gravy – Preparation of mushroom tikka:-
1.. After 30 minutes of marination heat oil in a fry pan for deep frying. Once when oil is hot put the marinated mushrooms in oil and fry.
2. Turn the sides and fry evenly to golden brown.
3. Remove and keep it ready.
Mushroom tikka masala gravy – Ingredients for masala gravy:-
- Oil – 1 tsp
- bay leaf / lavangam – 1
- tomatoes / thakkali – 2 number
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – 8-10 numbers
- onion / vengayam – 1 (chopped)
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu paste – 1 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- cumin powder / seeraga podi – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- sugar – pinch (optional)
- kasuri methi, nutmeg powder and fresh cream for garnishing
Mushroom tikka masala gravy – Method of preparation of gravy:-
1. Firstly boil water in a container and put tomatoes and cashew nuts and close for two minutes. After two minutes these ingredients will become soft. Take it out and remove the skin of tomatoes and grind to a fine paste in a mixie to make a purée.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add bay leaf. Then add onions and fry till they become pale. After that add ginger garlic paste and fry.
3. Similarly add tomato purée and fry in medium flame. When it shrinks add red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and keep in low flame till ingredients merge well.
4. Finally add garam masala powder and sugar which is optional. Switch off the stove and garnish with kasuri methi, nutmeg powder / jadhikkai powder and fresh cream. Now add mushroom tikka and mix well.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as side dish along with chapathi or roti.