Mushroom Rolls recipe | Kaalan Samosa recipe is prepared with mushrooms, spices and maida flour as evening snacks. Mushroom consumption was associated with better diet quality and improved nutrition. It is a good source of Vitamin D. Mushrooms are used in weight management and it improves immune system function. Here we can make rolls or samosas with mushrooms in this recipe.
Preparation Time:- 45 minutes
To Serve:- 4 persons
Ingredients for filling:-
- Button Mushrooms – 100 grams
- Potato – 1
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Salt – to taste
1. Cook mushroom and potato in a pressure cooker for one whistle with little amount of water.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add onion and green chillies and sauté for few minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté again.
3. Mash the potatoes. Mash mushrooms in a mixie, just for 1/2 minute.
4. When onions turn pale, add mashed potatoes and mushrooms, with salt needed. Mix well and sauté for a few minutes, when it becomes thick, switch off the stove. This is used for filling.
Ingredients for making rolls or samosa:-
- Maida – 1 cup
- Omam/ajwin – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
1. Mix the flour with required water, and allow to rest in a muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
2. Take a ball size of flour and roll it with a pin, and put in a pan adding a drop of oil. When brown dots appear, turn the side. When both the sides are done, remove from pan.
3. Take one tablsp of filling, and spread over the roll. Roll it and keep aside. Do with all rolls, heat in an oven and serve hot.
4. For making samosas make a roll, cut it into half.
5. Bring one edge to the center.
7. Take it in your palms.
8. Take one tsp if filling and fill it.
9. Press the edges, and make marks with a spoon or fork.
10. Make many samosas.
11. Heat oil in a pan, deep fry the samosa’s one by one, turn the sides, when it turns golden brown on all sides, remove from oil, and serve with desired chutny.