Mushroom Pulav recipe | காளான் புலவு செய்முறை is a pulav prepared with basmati rice, mushrooms, coconut milk, onion, potato, tomato and other spices. It has a good taste and flavour.
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
To Serve – 3 persons
- Mushroom – 250 grams (chopped)
- Cinnomon stick/ pattai – 1 inch
- Cloves/ kirambu – 3 number
- Cardomom/ elakkai – 2
- Black pepper corns/ milagu – 5
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tblsp
- Onion – 1 (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste/ inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 (chopped)
- Potato – 1 (cubed)
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Basmathi rice – 1.5 cups
- Salt – to taste
1. Wash and soak Basmathi rice (any raw rice you prefer) in water for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cinnomon, cloves, cardomom, black pepper corns and cumin seeds.
3. Add chopped onions and sauté for few minutes till it becomes transparent.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste and green chilly and sauté.
5. Next add chopped tomato and sauté.
6. Now add chopped potato and mushroom and sauté for another 3 minutes.
7. Next add soaked rice to it and sauté for 3 more minutes.
8. Transfer it to a pressure cooker, add coconut milk and water, together should come to 4 cups. (Usually 2.5 cups of water to 1 cup of rice) Add salt needed and cook for 2-3 minutes after a whistle in medium flame or low flame.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with onion raita.