Mushroom matar curry recipe | Kalan pattani masala is prepared with white button mushrooms which helps to improve the immunity and provides us nutrition and health benefits. This can be made into a gravy or sabji which will be very delicious since its cooked slowly in its own moisture. Served with rice or Chapathi . This mushroom matar curry is a very good dish that can be packed for lunch boxes.
Mushroom matar curry recipe – Ingredients:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- ginger / inji – 1 tsp (chopped)
- garlic / poondu – 1 tsp (chopped)
- tomato puree – 1 cup
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder manjal podi – 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder preparation
- salt – to taste
- white button mushrooms / kalan – 200 grams
- green peas / pachai pattani – 1 cup (amount equal to mushroom)
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Ingredients for Garnishing:-
- coriander leaves and ghee
Mushroom matar curry recipe -Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and chop white button mushroom into quarters.
2. In addition chop onions, ginger and garlic and keep it ready.
3. On the other hand make tomato purée with 2-3 tomatoes.
4. Thirdly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add cumin seeds.
5. When it splutters add chopped onion, ginger and garlic and sauté till it turns pale.
6. Similarly add tomato purée and sauté in low flame.
7. When tomatoes becomes mushy add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Mix well, close and keep it in low flame for 2 minutes. After that add chopped mushrooms and green peas.
9. Close and cook in low flame for 10-15 minutes. Add garam masala powder. Stir in between so that it will not stick to the bottom of the pan. After a while mushrooms leaves moisture. Cook until the veggies become soft.
10. Finally transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with ghee and coriander leaves and serve along with rice or Chapathi.