Mushroom coconut milk curry | Kalan kuzhambu is a tasty side dish prepared with mushrooms, coconut milk, chopped onions, tomatoes, spices and salt. The name is given as yellow curry because of the colour of the dish which will be a perfect yellow ochre.
Now let us see how to prepare this kuzhambu. I have given you in easy steps to follow and you can prepare this easily if you follow carefully.
Mushroom coconut milk curry – Ingredients:-
- Mushroom – 200 grams (chopped)
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
Mushroom coconut milk curry – Method of preparation:-
1. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan.
2. Add chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add Ginger garlic paste and sauté.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for few more minutes in low or medium flame.
5. Now add chopped and washed mushrooms and sauté. At first water oozes out and mushroom shrinks. Fry till water gets evaporated completely.
6. Add half to one cup of water.
7. Close and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes, till mushrooms were cooked well and becomes soft to touch.
8. Add red chilly powder, salt and sugar.
9. Now add coconut milk.
10. Keep in medium flame and cook for 5 more minutes.
11. Serve as side dish for idli, dosa, phulkas, naan or rice