Mushroom cashewnut gravy recipe | Kaalan gravy will be of good taste and supports as a side dish for rotis, Phulkas , parathas and Puris Mushrooms has a lot of health benefits and it is a gift for the vegetarians. We have already prepared a dish with Mushroom coconut milk curry and another dish with with mushroom and spices called as Delicious kadai Mushroom . Today we prepare a dish with mushroom and cashew nut paste.
Mushroom cashewnut gravy recipe | Kaalan gravy – Ingredients:-
- red chillies/vara milagai – 4
- coriander seeds/malli – 1 tsp
- pepper/milagu – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds/seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- mushrooms/kaalan – 200 grams
- oil – 1 tsp
- cinnamon/pattai – 1 inch
- cumin seeds/seeragam – 1 tsp
- onion/vengayakos – 2 (chopped)
- ginger garlic/ inji poondu paste – 1 tsp
- tomato/thakkali – 2 (purée)
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- ground masala of chillies, coriander, pepper and cumin (which was given at first)
- cashew nut paste – 8 number
- butter – 1 tsp
- kasuri methi and fresh coriander for garnishing
1. Dry roast the ingredients given under ‘To grind’ that is red chillies, pepper, cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Cool down to room temperature and grind it.
2. Blend two tomatoes to make a puree.
3. Blend roasted cashew nuts into a fine paste.
4. Heat one tsp of oil in a pan, add cinnamon stick and cumin seeds.
5. When it splutters add chopped onions and fry for a few minutes.
6. Next add ginger garlic paste and fry.
7. Then add tomato purée and sauté for few minutes.
8. Now add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and the ground spices powder.
9. Now add cleaned and chopped (into two pieces) of mushrooms.
10. Mix well and close the pan with a lid for 10 minutes. Slow down the flame to medium.
11. By this time water oozes out from mushrooms. Open once in the middle and mix.
12. Now add one cup of water, close again and leave it for 10 more minutes.
13. When mushrooms get cooked well add ground paste of cashew nuts and butter.
14. Switch off the flame and add kasuri methi and finely chopped fresh coriander.
15. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as side dish for roti, parathas, phulkas or puris.
For more mushroom recipes in my website click on the links below