Mushroom Biriyani recipe | Kaalan Biriyani is prepared with tasty and healthy mushrooms with spices, pudina, coriander, onion and tomato in electric cooker. An easy to cook recipe with a nice flavour of spices. Prepare following the easy steps given below and give your comments about the recipe.
Mushroom Biriyani recipe – Ingredients:-
- Biriyani rice – 1 cup (here I’ve taken brown biriyani rice)
- Mushrooms – 200 grams
- Onion – 2 (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly – 1
- Curd – 1 tblsp
- Lemon – 1/2 (1tblsp)
- Cilantro/ fresh coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Mint leaves/ pudina – 1 cup
Mushroom Biriyani recipe – required spices:-
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder or biriyani masala powder – 1.5 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Mushroom Biriyani recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 4
Mushroom Biriyani recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak biriyani rice in water for 20 minutes.
2. Secondly drain water from rice.
3. Thirdly heat 1 tea spoon of ghee in a fry pan and sauté rice for few minutes, and keep aside.
4. Further heat 2 tea spoons of oil in the same pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cloves.
5. When it splutters add chopped onions and green chilly. Sauté till onions change colour.
6. Now add ginger, garlic paste, curd and tomatoes one by one and sauté for few more minutes.
7. Next add mushrooms and sauté.
8. Now add the spice powders and salt.
9. Now add Rice, cilantro and mint leaves.
10. Transfer the contents to electric cooker or pressure cooker.
11. Add 2 cups of water, check for salt, add if needed and start to cook. (In pressure cooker for 3 whistles or 5 minutes after a whistle)
12. Finally when it is well cooked, serve hot with raita and pappad.
For other biriyani recipes in my website click on the links below