Mushroom Biriyani recipe | Kaalan Biriyani is prepared with tasty and healthy mushrooms with spices, pudina, coriander, onion and tomato in electric cooker. An easy to cook recipe with a nice flavour of spices. Prepare following the easy steps given below and give your comments about the recipe.
- Biriyani rice – 1 cup (here I’ve taken brown biriyani rice)
- Mushrooms – 200 grams
- Onion – 2 (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly – 1
- Curd – 1 tblsp
- Lemon – 1/2 (1tblsp)
- Cilantro/ fresh coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Mint leaves/ pudina – 1 cup
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder or biriyani masala powder – 1.5 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 4
1. Wash and soak biriyani rice in water for 20 minutes.
2. Drain water from rice.
3. Heat 1 tsp of ghee in pan and sauté rice for few minutes, and keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tsp of oil in the same pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cloves.
5. When it splutters add chopped onions and green chilly. Sauté till onions change colour.
6. Now add ginger, garlic paste, curd and tomatoes one by one and sauté for few more minutes.
7. Next add mushrooms and sauté.
8. Now add the spice powders and salt.
9. Now add Rice, cilantro and mint leaves.
10. Transfer the contents to electric cooker or pressure cooker.
11. Add 2 cups of water, check for salt, add if needed and start to cook. (In pressure cooker for 3 whistles or 5 minutes after a whistle)
12. When it is well cooked, serve hot with raita and pappad.
For other biriyani recipes in my website click on the links below