Murungai poo rasam recipe is a tasty side dish which you can serve along with rice or consume as a soup separately with all the health benefits of Moringa
Video link for the recipe:-
Murungai poo rasam recipe – Ingredients:-
- drumstick flower / murungai poo – handful
- tomato / thakkali – 1 (chopped)
- tamarind extract / puzhi kaeaisal – 1 cup (from lemon size tamarind)
- toor dal / thuvaram paruppu – 1 tblsp (cooked and mashed)
- red chilly / vara milagai – 1
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- garlic / poondu – 2 cloves (crushed)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- pepper and cumin powder / milagu seeraga podi – 1/2 tsp
- rasam powder / rasa podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Murungai poo rasam recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
Murungai poo rasam recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly remove drumstick flowers from its stalks, wash and keep it ready. On the other hand chop tomato, mash cooked toor dal, take tamarind extract, crush garlic and keep all the other ingredients ready.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and when it turns golden add asafoetida. Likewise add cut red chilly followed by curry leaves and crushed garlic. After that add chopped tomatoes followed by drumstick flowers.
3. Fry well and add one cup of water along with turmeric powder, close and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame. After five minutes when tomatoes and drumstick flowers were well cooked and becomes soft, mash them with pestle.
4. Thirdly add tamarind extract followed by cooked and mashed toor dal, salt, cumin pepper powder and rasam powder. Allow it to boil for one minute and switch off. Do not boil for a long time. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as side dish along with rice.