Murungai poo pakoda recipe is a tasty and healthy evening snacks which you can serve along with tea for children from school. We add gram flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds, chopped onion, chopped curry leaves and drumstick flower. Murungai poo is a healthy flower from the tree Moringa oleifera.
Even more related recipes are as follows:-
Short video link for Murungai poo pakoda:-
Murungai poo pakoda recipe – Ingredients:-
- drumstick flowers / murungai poo – 2 cup
- gram flour / kadalai maavu – 1/2 cup
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 1/4 cup
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjall podi – pinch
- salt – to taste (approximately – 1/2 tsp)
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/4 tsp
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few (chopped)
- oil – for deep frying
Murungai poo pakoda recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly remove drumstick flowers from its stalks, wash and keep it ready.
2. Secondly chop onion and curry leaves finely and keep it ready.
3. Thirdly take a bowl and put the ingredients one by one starting from, gram flour followed by rice flour, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds, chopped onion, chopped curry leaves, drumstick flowers. Further mix all the ingredients together by adding water little by little. Stop when it reaches the required consistency to make pakodas as shown in the photo below.
4. Mean while heat required oil in a fry pan for deep frying the pakodas.
5. When the oil is hot put pakodas with a ladle or with your hands.
6. After one side of the pakoda was fried well turn the other side and fry evenly till it turns golden brown. Further remove the pakodas and keep it in a tissue paper to remove excess of oil in it. Finally serve it hot along with any chutney or sauce of your wish during tea time.
If you like the recipe share and subscribe for more such recipes.