Murungai poo kootu recipe | drumstick flower kootu is a tasty and healthy side dish which you can prepare and serve along with rice or roti. Botanical name is moringa olifera.
Even more related recipes in my website are as follows:-
Murungai poo kootu recipe – Ingredients:-
- murungai poo / drumstick flowers – 1 cup
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 2 tblsp
- moong dal / pasi paruppu – 2 tblsp
- coconut paste – 2 tblsp
- onion – 1 chopped
- green chilly – 1 slit
- ginger / inji – 1 tsp chopped
- garlic / poondu – 1 tsp chopped
- tomato – 1 chopped
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Murungai poo kootu recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- ghee / nei – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
Murungai poo kootu recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and collect the drumstick flowers with buds after removing from its stalks.
2. On the other hand cook channa dal and moong dal with one cup of water in a container. Cook till the dals break and keep it ready.
3. Mean while chop the required ingredients.
4. After that grind grated coconut to a fine paste in a mixie.
5. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and addchopped onion, green chilly, ginger and garlic and fry for one minute.
6. After that when onions turn pale add chopped tomatoes.
7. Then add drumstick flowers and sauté for one minute.
8. Once the flowers shrink add one cup of water, close and cook.
9. Thirdly when the flowers were cooked well add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. Allow it to cook in medium flame for 3 minutes.
10. Then add cooked dals and mix well.
11. Likewise add coconut paste and mix well. Switch off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.
12. Finally heat one tea spoon of ghee in a small pan and add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Switch off the stove at once when it splutters and pour the seasoning to the prepared kootu.
13. Serve as side dish along with rice.