Murungai keerai pachadi recipe | drumstick leaves curry is a tasty healthy side dish prepared with drumstick leaves, toor dal, grated coconut, sambar powder, tamarind paste, salt, onion and seasoning done with mustard seeds, red chilly and urad dal. Murungai keerai pachadi can be served as side dish along with sambar rice and curd rice.
Even more related links:-
Murungai keerai pachadi recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- murungai keerai / drumstick leaves – 1 cup (tightly packed)
- veg oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- pearl onions / chinna vengayam – 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
- red chilly / vara milagai – 1
- sambar powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi paste – 1/2 tsp Tamarind Paste Preparation
- salt – to taste
- cooked toor dal / thuvaram paruppu – 1 cup
Murungai keerai pachadi recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and separate Murungai keerai from its stem. On the other hand cook toor dal and keep it ready.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal. When it turns golden add slit red chilly and then add chopped pearl onions and sauté. Next add murungai keerai and sauté. When it shrinks and turns colour add a cup of water. Close with a lid and cook for few minutes (around 10 minutes) in low or medium flame. Check the water content in between and add water if necessary.
3. When drumstick leaves gets cooked well, you will get a good flavour of the leaves. After that add sambar powder, tamarind paste and salt. Cook for 2 more minutes till the raw flavour leaves.
4. Thirdly add cooked toor dal, mix well and add grated coconut. Keep it in low flame and finally when you get the required pachadi consistency, switch off the flame and transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Serve as side dish with rice. You can add one tea spoon of ghee to increase its taste.