Mooli Paratha recipe | Stuffed | Mixed are two types of parathas a Punjabi recipe. We prepare the stuffing with grated mooli, red chilly powder, ajwin, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder and salt. This can be prepared to carry during journeys. Health benefits of Radish – you can know more about in thee link.
You may also like
Mooli Paratha recipe – Ingredients:-
- wheat flour / godhumai maavu – 1 cup
- mooli / radish / mulangi – 1 cup (grated)
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- ajwin / omam – 1/2 tsp
- green chillies – 2 finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu viludhu – 1/2 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- ghee – for frying
Mooli Paratha recipe – Method of preparation of masala:-
1. Firstly scrap the outer skin and grate the mooli finely. Squeeze the excess water and you can use this water to knead the dough. Heat oil in a fry pan and add cumin seeds and ajwin.
2. When it splutters add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chillies. Sauté for one minute.
3. Now add water squeezed grated mooli and sauté.
4. When mooli gets cooked add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt.
5. Sauté well till it mixes well and oil leaves the sides of the pan. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool. Radish masala is ready now.
Mooli Paratha recipe – Method of preparation if paratha:-
1. Firstly add little salt and one tea spoon of oil to wheat flour in a bowl.
2. Secondly add required water and make a smooth dough. (Now you can use the water extracted from grated mooli)
3. Take ball size of dough and roll it into a circle using the rolling pin.
4. Keep one tea spoon of mooli masala in the middle.
5. Further wrap the stuffing with rolled circle and make a stuffed ball. Press it to make it flat.
6. Coat with dry wheat flour and again roll it carefully into a circle.
7. Finally heat a tawa sprinkle one tea spoon of ghee and place the paratha on it. When tiny bubbles appear on the surface, flip it. Sprinkle ghee if necessary. Flip again, repeat and cook until you get brown or black dots on both the sides.
8. I have cut the parathas into quater each and shown in the photo below.
Another way of preparation:-
1. In a bowl take wheat flour and the mooli masala mix with required salt.
2. Add water little by little and make a smooth dough.
3. Now take lemon size of dough and roll into a paratha using the rolling pin.
4. Heat a tawa sprinkle one tsp of ghee and place the paratha on it. When tiny bubbles appear on the surface, flip it. Sprinkle ghee if necessary. Flip again, repeat and cook until you get brown or black dots on both the sides.
5. Serve with dhahi / yogurt / curd sprinkling some red chilly powder and salt in it. Or with any other Sabji of your taste.