Mochai masala recipe | மொச்சை மசாலா will be an excellent side dish for curd rice. This mochai masala can also be served as side dish for roti, phulkas, parathas and puris.
Mochai masala recipe – Ingredients:-
- mochai – 1 cup (fresh or dry. If you use dry mochai, soak it in water overnight or for 10 hours)
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- tomato – 1 (chopped)
- garlic – 2 tsp
- ginger – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut milk / thengai paal – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
Mochai masala recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- pepper/milagu – 1/4 tsp
- fennel seeds/sombu – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
Mochai masala recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly if you use fresh mochai remove from pods and collect it in a cup. If you use dry mochai soak it in water overnight and cook for three whistles in a pressure cooker, drain water and collect one cup. (200 ml cup)
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan. Add pepper / milagu and fennel seeds / sombu and when it splutters add few curry leaves / karuvepilai.
3. Thirdly add chopped onions and sauté for few minutes. When it starts to change colour add ginger and garlic and sauté for few more minutes.
4. Fourthly add chopped tomatoes and sauté till it is cooked and leaves pan. If you use fresh mochai add mochai, mix well, add water needed, close and cook for ten minutes in low flame.
5. If you use dry mochai, you would have cooked it already in a pressure cooker and so no need for the above process. Just add, mix well and go to the next step.
6. After that add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt. Close and leave it for few minutes, till the raw smell leaves the pan.
7. Finally when all ingredients were cooked well, check for taste and further add coconut milk and leave until it becomes thick and comes to your required consistency.
8. Switch off stove, transfer to the serving bowl, garnish with butter and chopped fresh coriander leaves. Serve as side dish for rice, roti, parathas and phulkas.
For more Masala recipes in my website click on the links below