Millet soup recipe will be a delicious, healthy soup which you can serve during parties or in between breakfast and meals. Onion, tomato, toor dal, any millet, green chillies and salt are the main ingredients. Know about Millets before you cook this recipe. Now let us see about the preparation of a soup using a millet. You can use any millet and here i am using samai arisi. (little millet)
Millet soup recipe – Ingredients:-
- little millet / saamai arisi – 1/4 cup
- juicy tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chilly – 1 (slit)
- ginger / inji – 1/2 inch (chopped)
- toor dal / thuvaram paruppu – 2 tsp (can also use cooked toor dal)
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, cumin and pepper powder for garnishing
Millet soup recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all cook saamai arisi well till it becomes soft. See Easy way to cook millets
2. Mean while chop the vegetables, onion, tomato and green chillies and keep it ready. Fry these vegetables in little oil with pepper and fennel seeds. Transfer fried ingredients along with toor dal and turmeric powder to a pressure cooker.
3. Add enough water and pressure cook the ingredients for one whistle. Once when pressure is released open the pressure cooker. Drain water using a filter and separate the cooked vegetables.
4. Cool down the cooked vegetables to room temperature and blend it in a blender to a fine paste.
5. Mix the drained water and ground paste. You can add more water in addition to this if required. Check for taste and add what ever needed for example add salt or water if it is needEd and heat for few minutes in a stove.
6. Finally add cooked saamai arisi and keep in low flame for two more minutes and this is to allow the cooked millet merge well with the soup.
7. Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, cumin and pepper powder and serve hot.
For more recipes with millets click on the links below